Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Mavericks: Proving Grounds
Mavericks: Proving Grounds, developed by Automaton, is an MMO of unprecedented scale, supporting 1000 concurrent players in an ultra-high fidelity world instance. It is set in a huge, photoreal and highly dynamic environment, with strong character progression, social hubs, intelligent mission systems and global-scale player-driven narrative. More details to follow later this year!
Features[edit | edit source]
Ultimate Combat Experience[edit | edit source]
- Comprehensive destruction throughout, from fragmented trees to fragile plaster stud walls, this truly interactive world will challenge and reward you like never before.
- Dynamic Fire Propagation - Decimate grassy meadows, spread chaos through woodland and create devastating chain reactions like never before using our dynamic fire propagation system that leaves nowhere for your enemies to hide.
- Firearms - Armed to the hilt with a heavy sniper, or left out to dry with a 9mm handgun, you'll find an armoury of firearms and hardware to suit and influence your play style.
- Specialist Hardware - Secure your location with claymores, or booby trap an objective with C4 and patiently await incoming competition. Find our specialist hardware and it's sure to change up your gameplay to empower new strategies and opportunities. Keep in mind that they're extremely scarce, so be sure to use them wisely!
Groundbreaking Player Information[edit | edit source]
- Wildlife - Take advantage of the roaming wildlife that will dynamically react to player behaviour, providing the players with information on nearby dangers and activities as you fight to avoid the ever amounting conflict in the games.
- Littering - Using an item such as a first aid kit will drop the empty packet on the floor, providing other players with clear information as to your equipment and location.
- Footprints - Each step you take leaves a mark in the world, for better or for worse you'll be leading players right to you, so beware and remember that certain surfaces leave clearer footprints than others.
- Foliage Displacement - As you explore the undergrowth you'll not only be leaving the odd footprint but you'll also be displacing and flattening the foliage beneath you, so tread carefully or know the consequences.
- Blood Trails - Key to our rich information systems is player health. If you experience health below 25%, you'll leave a trail of blood behind you for the next 60 seconds or until you restore your health. Ensure you heal up quickly, or use this as a bait and lure an unsuspecting player into a trap!
Progression[edit | edit source]
- Titles and Sprays - Every achievement shouted and every challenge rewarded, we believe in bringing clear visibility and recognition to your achievements. With our title system and our sprayable icons, all your courageous achievements and accolades will be visible for all see.
- Rank - Recognised and rewarded. As you grow, develop and achieve we'll ensure you deserve the credit and recognition you're due. Visualised through our coloured and stylised armbands your rank and position in competitive leagues will be clearly represented for all to see and respect.
- Equipment - As you progress through Mavericks you'll unlock a plethora of items and equipment to wield and wear both inside and outside the competitive Battle Royale sport "The Proving Grounds".
- The things you can't buy - Combining free to play with our citizenship programme ensures the game is easy to pick up but also has complete integrity. Citizenship allows in-game wealth and prestige to dictate how you can customize your character and earn items for the open world.
- Free Trade - Allowing players to be able to trade and barter items is an integral part of creating an MMO, and is a staple part of what brings our towns to life.
Environment/World[edit | edit source]
- Real-time World Lighting
- Dynamic Time of Day
- Organic Destruction
- Comprehensive Structure and Building Destruction
- Epic Scale - 16km x 16km "Isle of Dern"
- Dynamic Weather System
Bringing Back Social[edit | edit source]
- Share your experiences, from your awkward failures to epic successes, every clutch moment and regret with others. Your lobby is your game, rather than load into a menu, in Mavericks you'll enter our bustling social hub.
- Meet, greet, socialise and build a network of allies or enemies in the streets and shops of the capital.
- Engage in novel minigames, spam dancing emotes, test your skills in the shooting range, and browse the shops to get a bargain between games.
Player Driven Narrative[edit | edit source]
- Season 1 of the Proving Grounds marks the beginning of the epic journey and adventure to unfold before you.
- You, the players, decide the narrative direction and fate of the world through our unique reputation system.
- Earn reputation through in-game performance and achievements and donate it to either The Capital or one of the Factions, each with their own unique benefits.
- Choose your allegiance and accept the consequences. Will you support the overlord Capital Forces or the underdog rebel Factions that threaten the stability of the Isles?
Videos[edit | edit source]
See more videos